Credit Scorecard Consumer Privacy Statement
- open an account or use your credit or debit card
- give us your contact information or use your account
- give us your income information
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
- our affiliates include companies with a Discover or DFS name and financial companies such as Diners Club International Ltd.; PULSE Network LLC; The Student Loan Corporation; and GTC Insurance Agency, Inc.
- nonaffiliates we share with can include retailers
- our joint marketing partners can include institutions such as insurance companies
Vermont Residents – We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures. Find additional information about our privacy policies at www.discover.com/privacy-statement or by calling 1-800-347-2683.
California Residents – Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates or joint marketing partners while you are a resident of California.
Nevada Residents – You may call 1-800-347-2683 to be placed on our Do Not Call List. For more information, mail Discover Card, P.O. Box 30943, Salt Lake City, UT 84130, or visit www.discover.com. You may also contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington Avenue, Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101, call 702-486-3132, or e-mail BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us. This notice is provided pursuant to state law.
This Credit Scorecard Online Privacy Statement describes how Discover Bank ("Discover") treats your Credit Scorecard information, including information we obtain online as well as when you interact with us on social media sites.
You may cancel Credit Scorecard at any time. Please be aware that for a short time, you will continue to receive information about Discover products in connection with Credit Scorecard. Cancelling Credit Scorecard will not impact your receipt of other marketing messages from Discover unrelated to this product. For Credit Scorecard Terms click here.
You can update your account profile by clicking your profile in your scorecard.
You may stop receiving our Credit Scorecard marketing e-mails without revoking consent by following the instructions in the promotional messages you receive from Discover.
For more complete information view the Discover Online Privacy Center and for our online advertisements, please see below.
About Our Ads, Tracking and Your Choices
We conduct interest-based advertising. You may see Discover advertisements on other websites you visit from time to time. Some of these ads are based on your information we collect. This is called interest-based or online behavioral advertising. Discover uses interest-based advertising to target its advertising more effectively. These ads might be served on websites or on apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads.
How you can opt out of interest-based advertising. There are several ways you can opt-out of interest-based advertising.
- First, you can opt-out right from the ad itself. Ads served using interest-based advertising will have an Advertising Option icon in the ad. If you see that icon on Discover ads, you can click on it. You will then get an option to opt-out.
- Second, the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes generally.
If you opt out via methods above, your choice will be stored as a cookie. If you remove or delete cookies you will need to renew your preferences. Your choices are also device and browser-specific.
We do not respond to browser-level "do not track" settings. However, your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to clear past and reject future cookies. If you block cookies on your browser, certain of our features may not work. Additionally, if you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking activities we have described here will stop. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
Effective Date and Updates
This Privacy Statement is effective as of August, 2020. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any material changes as required by law, such as by posting the revised privacy statement on this page with a new "last updated" date. Please check this website periodically for updates. This Privacy Statement was last updated August, 2020.